YUNG LUV ZINE: OPEN CALL
“Will you wait for me?”
FK Kollektiv has decided to open submissions for its first publication in an ongoing photography zine project The first zine is tentatively titled ‘Young Luv.’
The collection will be centred around the handwritten letters sent to FK-Kollektiv by a Russian friend who has been sentenced to 20 years in Siberian prison at the age of 19 and is still serving their time. Falling in love with his best friend by letter (the only form of connection allowed to the outside world), he married her inside the prison so she would be granted access for visitations, he notes that they were not even allowed to hold hands during the ceremony.
We respond to these letters with our own perceptions of ‘Young Luv’: and ask you submit your photographs on this theme.
The zine will be published by a mystery press at the end of this year, with photographs by FKK members and guests, who will be invited to join in FKK workshops and crit sessions.
- Please send: all submissions
- AS: maximum 8 photos,
- AS: individual image or a series
- AS: jpegs
- WITH: max size each image: 10mb
- WITH: names and year of each image
- AND: a 100 word bio
- VIA: email
- TO: email@example.com
- BY: September 30th
- ALSO: We will also be featuring submissions on our Instagram, so please let us know your INSTAGRAM NAME or what name you would like to be tagged